Learn from a father’s self talks scripts in the process of healing from betrayal.
A father has unremorseful adult children who betrayed and deceived him for money and sided with the adultery partner of their deceased mother.
Dealing with unremorseful adult children who have betrayed and deceived you can be incredibly difficult and painful for any father.
Here are some self-talk scripts that can help and offer therapeutic healing and perspective:
1. “I am not responsible for the choices my adult children have made. I can only control my own actions and reactions.”
2. “I am allowed to feel angry, hurt, and betrayed by my children’s actions, but I do not need to let those feelings consume me.”
3. “I deserve to be treated with respect and honesty, and if my children cannot provide that, it is their loss.”
4. “I am allowed to set boundaries with my children in order to protect myself from further harm.”
5. “My children’s actions do not define me as a person or a father. I am still worthy of love and respect.”
6. “I will not blame myself for my children’s choices. They are responsible for their own behavior.”
7. “I am allowed to grieve the loss of the relationship I thought I had with my children, but I will not let that grief control me.”
8. “I will not let my children’s betrayal and deception rob me of my happiness and peace of mind.”
9. “I am capable of forgiveness, but that does not mean I need to reconcile with my children if they are not willing to change their behavior.”
10. “I will focus on rebuilding my life and finding joy in other relationships and activities, even if my relationship with my children cannot be repaired.”
Dealing with betrayal and deception from family members can be incredibly difficult and painful.
Here also are some Bible verses that may provide comfort and guidance during this difficult time:
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” – Psalm 34:18
- “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” – Romans 12:21
- “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” – Psalm 18:2
- “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:38-39
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” – Matthew 11:28-29
- “But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted; you consider their grief and take it in hand. The victims commit themselves to you; you are the helper of the fatherless.” – Psalm 10:14
- “The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.” – Psalm 9:9
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” – Romans 8:28
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
- “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.” – Deuteronomy 31:8.
Photo: The Pinoy Traveler