How do you survive being surrounded by psychos?
No one can probably advise more insightfully or hit it better than Thomas Erikson.
He is author of “Surrounded By Idiots,” an international bestseller.
Let me give you here his 15 lessons from this book “Surrounded by Idiots:”
1. Don’t take it personally. Not everyone is going to like you or agree with you. That’s okay.
2. Don’t argue with idiots. It’s a waste of time and energy.
3. Learn to read people. This will help you avoid getting involved with toxic people.
4. Set boundaries. Don’t let people take advantage of you.
5. Don’t be afraid to walk away. If a situation is not working for you, don’t be afraid to leave.
6. Don’t be afraid to say no. It’s okay to set limits on what you’re willing to do.
7. Take care of yourself. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep, eating healthy, and exercising.
8. Spend time with positive people. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself.
9. Be positive. A positive attitude can help you deal with difficult people.
10. Be patient. It takes time to learn how to deal with difficult people.
11. Be forgiving. Everyone makes mistakes. Learn to forgive and move on.
12. Be kind. Even to the idiots.
13. Be grateful. Be grateful for the good people in your life.
14. Be happy. You deserve to be happy.
15. Be yourself. Don’t try to be someone you’re not.
These are just a few of the lessons from Surrounded by Idiots. By following these tips, you can learn to deal with difficult people and live a happier and more fulfilling life.
Here are some additional lessons from the book:
• It’s not always about you. Sometimes, people are just being difficult because they’re having a bad day or they’re going through a tough time.
• Don’t try to change people. You can’t change someone who doesn’t want to change.
• Focus on the positive. It’s easy to get caught up in the negative, but it’s important to focus on the positive things in your life.
• Don’t sweat the small stuff. Not everything is worth getting upset about.
• Learn to let go. Sometimes, it’s better to let go of a situation or a person than to keep fighting.
Surrounded by Idiots is a helpful book that can teach you how to deal with difficult people in a healthy way. It is full of practical advice that you can use in your everyday life.